What is "pest control"?
Pest control (in Russian transliteration — pest control) is a term which literally translated to English means "pest control". Is a complex of measures to limit the number of pests (reducing the number of pests to an acceptable level) in a particular area. Pest control is a science-based technology impact on the community animal pests, with the aim of limiting their numbers and/or prevent the damage caused by them. A craft requiring the highest skill and comprehensive knowledge in various fields: ecology, Zoology, medicine and chemistry.
What pest control (pest control) is different from the usual disinsection or deratization?
The usual terms "disinfection", "disinsection", "vermin" refers to the event of the destruction of organisms involved in the spread of infectious diseases or causing these diseases.
However, not always the harm of living beings is to spread infectious diseases. Not less important is a variety of economic damage that can bring various animals. Among typical examples are the destruction of crops by locusts, destruction of grain by different types of pests that damage textiles or leather goods, damage to the facades of buildings and monuments.
"Pest control", "nutrition", "disinfection" in the traditional, medical sense, does not take into account the diversity of malicious activity in animals, limited, is certainly important, but not the only part of living beings in the transmission and spread of communicable diseases.
A wide range of tasks requires coordinated work of specialists of various kinds: doctors dezinfektologii, entomologists, ornithologists, zoologists and engineers.
What are pests?
A pest is any harmful, bringing physical damage or harassing organisms.
Among them are the following categories:
- Organisms that cause disease in humans or domestic animals and plants. Among them viruses, bacteria and many other parasites such as helminths
- Organisms that bother people and Pets, often carrying the infection bites. The most common among them — flies, ticks, fleas and mosquitoes.
- Organisms that feed on ornamental and agricultural plants both before and after harvest. This category also includes organisms that feed on or affecting both raw ingredients and finished products for food production.
- The organisms spoiling the wood, leather and other materials. It can be as different as insect borers, carpet beetle, moths, and rodents. In addition, bacteria and fungi may also actively participate in the spoilage of materials.
- Wild plants that compete with cultural plants. Some of them are poisonous for Pets, others simply spoil the appearance of gardens and lawns. Such plants are often called weeds
What standards apply to the organization and conduct of pest control?
First and foremost, all measures for the pest management carried out in full accordance with the acting Russian legislative and normative-methodical base.
However, individual companies can optionally apply other standards related to their type of activity.
For example, businesses associated with receiving, storing, processing or sale of food products applied HACCP system (GOST R ISO
Also some companies are applied: European standard quality assessment (EQP); AIB Consolidated Standards for Food safety; AIB Consolidated Standards for Retail Food Establishments.
Services provided to businesses:
Development and implementation of a program of Pest control based on HACCP principles
Audit of the existing systems of pest control, the formulation of corrective recommendations. Our experts will conduct a thorough evaluation of the effectiveness of disinfection and deratization, protection from birds. Analyze the proper execution and documentation of Pest control will advise on all matters relating to pest control and the risk of contamination (infection) of food products
Implementation of regular procedures provided by the program pest control, local pest control
Assessment of quality of works under the program of Pest control by third party
Large-scale destructive event (pest control)in case of a significant spread of pests in the enterprise.Usually, pest control is conducted by way of fogale, which by means of fog generator insecticide fall into the most inaccessible places. The company "Agrokon" has all the necessary material base for conducting pest control in any enterprise against all types of insects.